Free and open source tools:
- Python: Interpreted language, surprisingly good for scientific computations through extensive libraries.
- ATLAS: Cluster optimized BLAS/LAPACK implementation (works with python through numpy)
- GMSH: Scripting language for 1-, 2-, 3-D geometry creation and meshing
- FEniCS: Solver of differential equations (python, C)
- Paraview: Visualization software
- pyOpt: Collection of nonlinear, constrained optimization solvers (python based)
- pyCUDA: Python libraries for GPU computations through NVIDIA’s CUDA platform.
Working with GMSH+FEniCS+Paraview
- Importing GMSH meshes into FEniCS
- A 1-D Example
- A 1-D Two Material Example
- A 2-D example
- Frequency Domain Example
- Perfectly Matched Layers in FEniCS