- Stochastic dynamical systems & stochastic partial differential equations
- Numerical methods for nonlocal PDEs, computational fluid dynamics, computational materials science, computational acoustics, boundary elements method
- Numerical methods for non-equilibrium systems, interfacial instabilities, morphologies, pattern formation, crystal growth and nanostructure patterning in thin films
- Computational & stochastic modeling for geophysical systems and biophysical systems
- Nonlinear dynamical systems and applications
- Data assimilation and predicting dynamical behaviors
- NSF/CBMS Regional Conference in the Mathematical Sciences (Supported by NSF) Nonlocal Dynamics: Theory, Computation and Applications, Jinqiao Duan & Xiaofan Li, 2016--2018
- NSF NSF-DMS 1620449 "Theoretical and Numerical Studies of Nonlocal Equations Derived from Stochastic Differential Equations with Levy Noises". Xiaofan Li & Jinqiao Duan, 2016--2019.
- Professor Ludiwg Arnold, Bremen University, Germany
- Professor Bjorn Schmalfuss, Jena University, Germany
- Professor Wei Yan, Henan Normal University, China
- Professor Hongjun Gao, Nanjing Normal University, China
- Zhuan Cheng, PHD candidate, Illinois Institute of Technology, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hansen Ha, PhD candidate, Illinois Institute of Technology, Email: email@example.com
- Senbao Jiang, PhD candidate, Illinois Institute of Technology
- NSF-CBMS conference on Nonlocal Dynamics: Theory, Computation and Applications (Supported by NSF),Chicago , June 4--9, 2017
- SIAM Conference on Applications of Dynamical Systems , May 21 - 25, 2017, Snowbird, Utah
- The 5th International Conference on Random Dynamical Systems --- Celebrating Ludwig Arnold's 80th birthday, June 2017, Wuhan, China
- AMS Fall Central Section meeting, Chicago, October 3-4, 2015. Special Session: "Nonlocal Diffusions and Non-Gaussian Stochastic Dynamics"
- NSF-CBMS Regional Conference on Recent Advances in the Numerical Approximation of Stochastic Partial Differential Equations, August 9-13, 2010, Chicago, USA
- AMS Fall West Section meeting, April 9--10, 2016, Univ of Utah, USA
- PCs and Sun Workstations are available in this Laboratory and in other university computer laboratories
- Beowulf Linux Cluster "Menger" is a computer cluster consisting of one master node and eight slave nodes. Each node is equipped with dual 1.7 GHz Pentium 4 Xeon processors and 2GB RDRAM. All nodes are connected to each other via fast ehternet switch.