AEM Construction Challenge, presented by Volvo Construction Equipment, is looking for student volunteers from IIT to help with the competition that will be held January 15, 2011. High school teams will compete and solve transportation and water infrastructure Challenges using creativity, teamwork and problem solving. The Carpenter’s Union is the site for the competition. It is on Union Ave near the corner of Halstead and Cermak. Sign Up!!
The following positions need to be filled.
- Set up and event prep–(Friday, day/eve before event). Forms, packet assembly, signs, etc.
- Technical Appraising–7:30 am to 6 pm plus webinar orientation (2 hours)
- Competition support –7:30 am to 6 pm plus webinar orientation (2 hours)
- Registration–7 am to 10:30 am or evening of Jan 14th from 3 to 6 pm
- Greeter/ general information– 7 am to 5 pm with short shifts available
- Score room–10 am to 6 pm or till last score is verified
- Runner during the event–8 am to 7 pm with short shifts available
- Pack up and clean up–6 pm to 9 pm
- Photographer-have camera will travel!
- DI Information Station–short shifts available
- DI Instant Challenge Station with short shifts available
- Helping to Recruit teams by contacting schools or other networking
- Helping to recruit local exhibitors for Rally to interact with students and encourage engineering
- Helping at CC Booth at Chicago Toy and Game Fair November 20 or 21 to publicize event and recruit teams and volunteers
- Concessions planning prior to event
- Concessions stand the day of event
- Videographer 8 to 6 pm with short shifts available
- Information and General Help 7:30 to 7 pm with short shifts available
- Publicity support for teams and event–contacting press and writing articles
- Structure building station with crusher board and weights
- Clean up and site reset–noon to 8 pm with short shifts available
For more information about the competition, visit http://www.constructionchallenge.org/index.php