The Pre-College Transportation Engineering (PRETRANS) Program(since 2006) at Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) was jointly sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) and Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)’s Illinois Sections. This program is jointly hosted at the Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT) by the Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering. Specifically, the Program is designed to motivate, encourage, and support multicultural and women high-school students to experience and discover civil/ transportation engineering.
Program Goals and Vision
- Promote careers in science, engineering, and engineering education
- Support the development of skills in communications, problem-solving, critical thinking, and inter-professional teamwork
- Assist in pre-college preparation which is key to a successful college experience.
- No application fee
- Lunch will be covered by PreTrans Program
- Transportation fee will not be covered
Date and Time
The last two weeks of July every year
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be current sophomores, juniors, or seniors at the time of application, with a cumulative GPA of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale. There are no exceptions.
3201 South Dearborn Street Alumni Memorial Hall
What you can do at PreTrans
- Get acquainted with one of the top technology universities in the nation, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Explore careers in architectural, environmental and civil engineering
- Get experience in college level classes
- Work on a team and develop team building skills that will advance the understanding of science
- Find out how to prepare for college and gain access to financial aid
What you will do at PreTrans
You will have the opportunity to discover architectural, environmental and civil engineering through hands-on lab experiments and demonstrations by award-winning faculty and students at IIT.
Field visit trips:
Win your gift card: