Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditiones habes.
John S. Kallend, Ph.D.,
Dept. of Mechanical, Materials &
Professor of Engineering (Emeritus)
Rettaliata Engineering Center
Chicago, IL 60616
BA (1967), MA (1970) and PhD (1971) from
post-doctoral work at Cambridge and UC Berkeley, I joined the IIT faculty in
an affiliate at Los Alamos
National Laboratory and at Argonne
- Amoco Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1991
- Bauer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 1997
- Bauer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2004
- Barnett Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2006
- Bauer Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching, 2007
Principal Research Interests:
- Computational methods.
- Properties of polycrystals.
Picture of Thermite reaction
demo in my Chemistry class
(photo by Dr. Peter Johnson).
Associate Dean, Armour College of Engineering, 1989 - 91, 2009 - 2016
Dean, Undergraduate College, 1995 - 99
Faculty Grand Marshal, 1988 - 2016
Faculty Liaison, Army ROTC. Navy ROTC and Air Force ROTC, 1989-2016
Chair, Chicago Chapter of ASM International, 1994 - 95
Thanks to IIT for the provision of web resources
The content of this World Wide Web page does not express the views of
Illinois Institute of Technology.