· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Power and Energy Society, 2016 -
· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Control Systems Society, 2015 -
· Distinguished Lecturer, IEEE Power Electronics Society, Jan. 2014 - Dec. 2017
· Associate Editor for
o IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Nov. 2010
o IEEE Trans. on Automatic Control, Jan. 2015 -
o IEEE Trans. on Industrial Electronics, March 2014
o IEEE Trans. on Control Systems Technology, Jan. 2014
o IEEE Access, March 2013 -
o European Journal of Control, Jan. 2014 -
o IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2013 -
o Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society, July 2009
o Special Issue on Wind Applications, IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics, 2013.
o Special issue on Power Electronics for Microgrids, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, 2010.
· Reviewer of
international grant proposals
o Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation, 2014.
o Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences (KFAS), 2014.
o Italian Evaluation of Research Quality exercise (VQR 2004-2010), Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research, 2012.
o Netherlands NWO, 2013.
o Israel Science Foundation (ISF), 2013.
· UK representative, European Control Association (EUCA), August 2013 -
· Scientific Advisory Board Member, NSF FREEDM Systems Center, North Carolina State University, 2014
· University Technology Partnership Board Member, Rolls-Royce Plc, 2014-
· Member, EPSRC Peer Review College, 2012 -
· Senior Research Fellowship, Royal Academy of Engineering/Leverhulme Trust, 09/2009 to 09/2010
· Fellow of IET (No. 76937490), 2010 -
· Senior Member of IEEE (No. 41585268), 2004
· Vice Chair, IFAC Technical Committee 6.3 (Power and Energy Systems), 2011 -
· Vice Chair, IFAC Technical Committee 2.2 (Linear Control Systems), 2011 -
· Awarded Highly Commended Certificate at the IET Innovation Awards 2009 for synchronverters (jointly with G. Weiss), November 2009.
· Awarded Commended Certificate at the IET Innovation Awards Northwest 2009 for synchronverters (jointly with G. Weiss), July 2009.
· Best Doctoral Thesis (the Eryl Cadwaladar Davies Prize), Imperial College, 2004
· International Editorial Board Member of Journal of the Chinese Institute of Engineers, 2003-2008
· Founding Director, Loughborough Centre in Control Engineering, 2011-2012.
· Founding Director, New-ACE (EPSRC-funded Network for New Academics in Control Engineering), 20072011.
· Member, IFAC Technical Committee 2.2 (Linear control systems), 2006 -
· Member, IChemE Process Management and Control Subject Group Comm., 2009-2011
· Member, IEEE IES TC on Renewable Energy Systems, 2013
· Member, IEEE PELS TC on Sustainable Energy Systems, 2013
· Member, IEEE PELS TC on Power & Control Core Technologies, 2013
· Member, IEEE CSS TC on Smart Grids, 2013 -
· Member, IEEE CSS TC on Systems with Uncertainty, 2010 -
· Member, IEEE CSS TC on Power Generation, 2010 -
· Outstanding Reviewer for Automatica, 2004
· Member of UK Automatic Control Council (UKACC), 2006 2010
· IPC Co-Chair of the IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems, Boston, 2012
· Regional Chair (UK), The 10th IEEE International Conference on Control & Automation (IEEE ICCA 2013, Hangzhou, China, June 2013.
· International Program Committee member of
o 27th Chinese Control and Decision Conf., Qingdao, China, May 23-25, 2015.
o 2014 IFAC World Congress (handling 53 papers), South Africa, August 2014.
o CONTROL 2014 (UKACC International Conference on Control (CONTROL 2014)), Loughborough, UK, 9th - 11th July 2014.
o 26th Chinese Control and Decision Conf., Changsha, China, May 31-June 2, 2014.
o 2014 Sixth Annual Green Technologies Conference, Texas 78401, USA, April 2014.
o The 13th IFAC Symposium on Large Scale Complex Systems: Theory and Applications (IFAC LSS 2013), Shanghai, China, July 2013.
o The 31st Chinese Control Conference, Hefei, Anhui, China, July 25-27, 2012.
o The 24th Chinese Control and Decision Conference, Taiyuan, China, May 2012.
o The 9th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (WCICA 2012), Beijing, China, from July 6 to 8, 2012.
o IFAC Conference on Advances in PID Control, Brescia, Italy, March 2012.
o The 30th Chinese Control Conference (CCC'11), Yantai, China, July 2011.
o The 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. Mechatronics and Automation, Xi'an, China, August 2010.
o The 2010 IEEE Int. Conf. on Information and Automation, Harbin, China, June 2010.
o The 8th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation, China, July 2010.
o The 9th IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems, Prague, June 2010.
o IFAC Conference on Control Methodologies and Technology for Energy Efficiency, CMTEE 2010, Vilamoura, Portugal, March 29-31, 2010
o The 8th IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems, Sinaia, Romania, September 2009.
o The 2009 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (ICMA 2009), Changchun, China, August 2009.
o The 6th Workshop on Compatibility and Power Electronics, Badajoz, Spain, May 2009.
o The 5th IEEE International Scientific Workshop on Compatibility in Power Electronics - CPE 2007, Gdansk, Poland, June 2007.
o The 6th IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems, L'Aquila, Italy, July 2006.
o The 1st International Symposium on Systems and Control in Aerospace and Astronautics, Harbin, China, Jan. 2006.
o The Int. Symposium on Systems Theory, Automation, Robotics, Computers, Informatics, Electronics and Instrumentation, Craiova, Romania, 10/2005.
o The 7th Asia-Pacific Conf. On Complex Systems, Cairns Australia, 12/2004.
o The 5th IFAC Workshop on Time-Delay Systems, Leuven, Belgium, 09/2004.
Plenary talks, workshops and tutorials
· Keynote speech at the 5th International Conference on Power Engineering, Energy and Electrical Drives, Riga, Latvia, May 11-13, 2015.
· Plenary talk at the 1st Indian Systems and Controls Conference, Chennai, Jan. 5-7, 2015.
· Tutorial on Power Electronics based Power Systems: Next Generation Smart Grids at the 40th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics (IECON), Dallas, TX, October 29-November 1, 2014.
· Keynote speech at the 20th International Conference on Automation and Computing (ICAC2014), Cranfield, UK, September 12-13, 2014.
· Tutorial on Control of Power Inverters for the Smart Grid, at the 19th IFAC World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa, August 24-29, 2014.
· Tutorial on Control of Power Inverters for Smart Grids, at the 5th International Symposium on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG2014), Galway, Ireland, June 24-27, 2014.
· Keynote speech at Real-Time 2014 Conference, Montreal, June 9-12, 2014.
· Tutorial on Control of Power Inverters for the Smart Grid, at the 2014 American Control Conference, Portland, OR, June 4 - 6, 2014.
· Distinguished Lecture at the 26th Chinese Control and Decision Conference (CCDC), Changsha, China, May 31-June 2, 2014.
· Plenary talk at Delta Power Electronics Forum, Suzhou, China, May 30, 2014.
· Keynote speech at 2014 IEEE International Energy Conference, Croatia, May 13-16, 2014.
· Plenary talk at the 8th Symposium on Power Electronics and Electrical Drives (SPEED), Wuhan, China, April 11-13, 2014.
· Plenary talk at the 6th IEEE Annual Green Technologies Conference in Corpus Christi, Texas, April 3-4, 2014.
· Plenary talk at the 3rd Int. Conference on Advances in Control and Optimization of Dynamical Systems (ACODS), IIT Kanpur, India, March 13-15, 2014.
· Plenary talk at the 29th Annual Conference of Chinese Universities on Electric Power Systems and Automation, Yichang, China, Nov. 7-10, 2013.
· Plenary talk at the 4th IEEE Conference on Power Electronics for Distributed Generation Systems (PEDG) in Rogers, Arkansas, July 8 11, 2013.
· Workshop on Control of Power Inverters for the Smart Grid at the 2013 American Control Conference, Washington, DC, June 16, 2013.
· Workshop on Control of Power Inverters in Renewable Energy and Smart Grid Integration, CPES, Virginia Tech, March 9, 2013.
· Workshop on Control and Power Electronics for Renewable Energy and Smart Grid Integration at the 51st IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Hawaii, Dec., 2012.
· Tutorial on Control of Power Inverters for Renewable Energy and Smart Grid Integration, at the 38th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics, Montreal, Canada, October 27, 2012, which was the most welcomed tutorial at the conference with all 100 seats reserved well before the closure of online registration.
· Workshop on Control of Power Inverters for Renewable Energy and Distributed Generation, at the 2012 American Control Conference, Montrιal, Canada, June 26, 2012.
· 100+ invited talks at universities, institutions and companies around the world.