Develop an understanding of why
fresh water is a precious resource.
Become familiar to the organisms living in fresh water.
Develop an understanding of the relationship between the organisms living in fresh water.
Fresh water is essential to life on earth as we know it. The surface of the earth is 70 % covered by water. 97% of this water is salt water which leaves only 3% as fresh water. Out of this 3%, only 1% is available to us for our use, the other 2% is tied up as ice. Even though only 1% is available to us, luckily, water is a renewable resource. In other words, it is recyclable. Yes, water is recyclable, but we must take care not to pollute it or it may not be recycled for our use.
Where do we find fresh water?
We find fresh water on the surface and in the ground.
Surface water is water that is found above ground in lakes, rivers, and ponds.
Assignment 1 Lakes
Click on the picture or the word 'Lakes' below.
Assignment 3 Ponds
Click on the picture or the word 'Ponds' below.
|Ed's Home Page||Smart Home Page|